Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Hefei Tour in China

This April, I got a holiday for about 15 days. After chatting with my China tour consultant, my wife and I decide to travel to Beijing, Huangshan, Hangzhou and Shanghai tour. My consultant told me that we can meet her before going to Huangshan, because we need to transfer to Hefei, where their company based on. In Hefei, my consultant said her first time to be a guide. They treated me to have a meal of Hui Cuisine. That is very delicious, but I don’t know how to explain that kind of feeling. My guide said to me that is a kind of family feeling. Wow, that’s too miraculous. I usually have western meals in my home, so I cannot get that kind of feeling, but I can feel my consultant is very praise of that. She said that that was a kind of a sense of national pride. Wow!!!

Ok. Let’s recall the cuisine we had that day. Emm, hot pot and Sanhe Xiaochao. Yes, it tastes the materials are very easy but very delicious. If you thought Chinese cuisine is my best memory in China, you are wrong. After listening to my story at street, you will also want here. When we went to the busiest street in Hefei, Buxing Street for some shopping. Most people are looking at us. Almost, some people took photos with us. At that moment, I can get that feeling of super star. That’s wonderful.

My guide took me to see the former residence of Li Hongzhang, who is the famous government official in Qing Dynasty. Hefei was his birth place. We were told that Hefei used to be a county town in the ancient time. During the duration of Three Kingdom, Hefei is a very pivotal location. It is a pity that no heritages were left in Hefei nowadays, I think. So my consultant, Aggie, guide me to have a tour of Sanhe Scenic Area.
In Sanhe Scenic Area, we saw some ancient city walls and stage for China operas. It is said in the past, Chinese people join together to watch the local opera. If they were satisfied with the performance, they would give some tips. The opera performers are just like the artists today. However, Aggie told me that in the past, the social status of the opera performers is very low. But they had many fans all the same. The fans are mostly women. There is an old saying in China, “He that loves the tree loves the branch”. So the women were potty about the stories they performed and then they also loved the performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment