Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yangtze River Cruise

We set out for Chongqing by train. It costs more time than by flight. But I still feel comfortable, because it was good to look out at the scenery. On the train, I was served with noodles, which was really very delicious. Our guide arranged a private car to pick us up. On arriving below the Yangtze River waterfront, I feel cool and expanse of my own world. We chose a small restaurant by the bank to have dinner. After dinner, we like to overlook the river. I can feel the city lights come to life. My friends asked me to accompany them to stoke up some cheaper snacks, so we found a local super market. I didn’t imagine that how difficult to find a super market. At last, we asked a local people for help and found one. In advance, we dared that something in the boat will be very expensive, so rarely bought out all the goods in the supermarket. The windows on the boat are so large to enjoy the outside view of the scenery. Our Captain apparently had 30 years of sailing on the river. We were told to head downstream from Chongqing. After a morning meet, we reached the first gorge. I have taken many wonderful photos there. We watched some more spectacular which passed by and then we reached some more spectacular scenery. Soon, the first gorge is appearing to our sight. It is really a sublime sight. I cannot imagine before. The second on the Yangtze River, we enjoyed the activity of getting off to a smaller boat. Because we will go down to a side gorge, I like this kind of closer view. Along the cruise, I saw many large bridges throughout the journey we took. Some are building again. Before my cruise, I was expecting it would be crowded with container ships. I thought it would be very dirty and noisy as well but the river is very clean without any pollution and much wide. After seeing so many highlights along the Yangtze River. , I thought my friends and I would feel tired and need to get sleep. But I was full of energy. To my surprise, my friends are the same with me. I think it would be one of my valuable experiences in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment